Monday, January 2, 2017

Barley Star Stitch Cowl

Here is last night's project made for the 2016 Stashdown Crochet-a-long, the Barley Star Stitch Cowl.
The designer says she made hers in one hour!  I did not time myself, but it was several Grey's Anatomy episodes! My hands demand breaks once in a while, too, and then there was the unraveling two rows to crochet more tightly since I ran out of yarn two stitches before the end!

I don't know what this yarn is, it was given to me by a friend. A few adjustments... I used an N hook and my finished size is 11" x 8" lying flat. I was attempting to crochet loosely, since it calls for an M hook, and because it can be difficult to pull through six loops for the star stitch if it is tight, but note above about those last two rows!  It is crocheted flat and stitched into a tube, and I found my side edges uneven.  If I make another, I would ch 3 before the DC rows to open up that end.  And maybe find a better way to begin the star rows - that side ends up bumpy. Thankfully, the bumps are covered when the ends are whip-stitched together.

No comments:

Post a Comment