Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Online Radio

For years I have lamented that living here we do not receive CBC Radio 2 and its classical programs.  I don't know why it has taken me so long to think of listening online.  Online, you can not only listen in real time, but you can pick and choose your programs, or listen to "concerts on demand".

In December I decided to look for a station playing just Christmas music. I discovered Accuradio.  Wow!  What a cool concept!  I could choose my favourite style of Christmas music, or even my favourite song to listen to over and over, performed by everyone who ever recorded it.  And if there was one I really didn't care for, I could choose to "ban" that from the list.

So now that Christmas is past, I have been looking at Accuradio's Classical channels.  You can choose by time period, by composer, by instrument... (Yes! an all cello channel!)  Or if you're in the mood for something other than classical, they have 11 other categories of channels to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment