Thursday, December 31, 2015

Next Project: Hats

Or, toques, or tuques, if you prefer! 

I'm kind of combining two programs for making hats.  25,000 toques is an initiative to provide warm winter hats for new refugees arriving in Canada, which I thought was a nice idea.  I'm not sure yet if my toques will be donated there, or go directly to a local refugee family.  I've already started, so I suppose it will depend partly on whether the hats I make will fit local family members!

Sunset Family Living's 2015 Christmas Challenge is all about making hats for charities, too.   They provide the patterns. You can read more about it  HERE. I'm a little behind, as they are supposed to be finished by January 6th, and I'm supposed to make 12 for the 12 days of Christmas!

The first one made was very simple, the "Easy Sideways Hat" found HERE.  I made my rows longer, so that it could have a turned up brim, and added a pom-pom on top.
For the second one I chose a pattern from the Christmas Challenge, "X-Treme Beanie" from Blackstone Designs in a toddler/child size.
On to decide which pattern to use next!

No comments:

Post a Comment